Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chapter 5--Dumb stuff on my Head and other things...

Okay...so I'm a geek!

Yesterday was May day and yet another good reason to wear dumb stuff on my head. This time it was a lovely flower head band. Now, for sometime, I have been known as the girl who wears dumb stuff on her head. I am not sure how this happened, but I know I like it! I used to say it was because I work with kids, but let's face it, that may be how it started, but it has taken on a life of its own.

I have hats, head bands, or bonkers for every holiday, special occasion, and Library event. Yes, kids do approach someone that is willing to take a risk and wear lobster claws on their head, but adults are the people who need someone like me in their life. I make them realize that life does NOT have to be serious every single minute. Laughing at someone else, or better yet, laughing at yourself is good for the soul. Try it!

There is a community of people that have found one another through the internet. The Nerdfighter community is a group of people of any age, race, gender, social status, etc. The Nerdfighter mission is to decrease world suck and increase world awesome. Nerdfighters are people who are not ashamed or embarrassed to be themselves OR wear dumb stuff on their heads. I am proud to be associated with this community. http://nerdfighters.ning.com/

BTW--when you wear dumb stuff on your head on a regular basis, you sometimes forget that its there. Keep this in mind when entering or exiting a car or an elevator, meeting the Queen, or boarding an airplane. You might injure yourself, embarrass your friends, or get a do not pass go trip to a padded cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment